Mageia is Social Software
- We will, as a Community, Value Our Users. We will always be in touch with our user base, for they are as much part of the community as are makers and organisers.
- We understand that our most valuable assets are people and the Community.
- We will always be a community distribution, valuing all the community's contributions.
- We will be an inclusive distribution, making sure that everyone in the community can make their voice heard.
- We esteem friendships highly and will promote social interaction between people.
- We value integrity, community, trust and will always adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- We will, above all things, enjoy ourselves :-) .
- We will strive to maintain the goodwill of both our own and the wider Open Source community.
- We will help and support each other. When something isn't right, we will take the appropriate steps to find a better solution and use it.
Mageia is Powerful Technology
- We, as Free Software and as an Operating System, will constantly innovate to remain a premium computing technology choice.
- We will stay up-to-date with the latest trends in Open Source, while choosing wisely to balance between modernization and reliability in our releases.
- We will maintain the vibrancy within our Community, always aiming to lead the way in collaborative development.
- We will encourage our users to be the best they can be on their computers.
- We will strive for ease of use, but also offer a holistic set of innovations for novice and power users alike.
Mageia is Knowledge
- Software is an integral part of our daily lives, in almost every interaction at home and around the world, and at its heart is computer Code. We will strive to understand it, and how it works in our daily lives.
- We will empower our user base by demystifying advanced technologies.
- We recognise that we are human. Failure and inadequacies do happen and context changes. We will take that into account in our software and lives, as well as the pursuit of happiness. We will evolve.
- Creyemos que nun hai nada tan fermoso como l'entendimientu del software qu'uses na vida diaria. Poro, educaremos abiertamente a xente tocante al software llibre, la nuesa comunidá, y el nuesu sistema operativu.
Mageia ye calidá
- Mageia basaráse nos requerimientos de bona calidá/estabilidá
- Mageia will be compliant with open source standards.
- Mageia will always adhere to high security and privacy standards/technologies to protect our users' data.
Mageia is Open Relations
- Aseguraremos el futuru de la distribución per duana de la so comunidá
- We will cooperate with other OSS distributions and core and kernel developers with code contribution.
- Trabayaremos en collaboración con otros proyeutos de códigu llibre.
- Daremos l'acoyida a cualaquier empresa comercial como parte de la nuesa comunidá.
- Mageia will always be based upon Open Source Software. However, it will also be open to non-OSS contributions, to provide alternatives for our users' diverse needs and expectations.
- Mageia will always be a collective, international and organised endeavor, representative of our pluralistic community.