[Mageia-dev] Art, Logo and Branding

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sat Sep 25 11:04:06 CEST 2010

Le samedi 25 septembre 2010 à 07:49 +1200, Graham Lauder a écrit :
> On Friday 24 Sep 2010 12:38:41 Michael Scherer wrote:
> > Le vendredi 24 septembre 2010 à 12:04 +1200, Graham Lauder a écrit :
> > > Who do I talk to about setting up a Marketing Mail list
> >
> > We postponed the mls creation until we have a clear delimitation and
> > understanding about the various sub groups who will need one, and until
> > we can find what we can offer to those subgroups to collaborate ( ie,
> > wiki, elgg, or any kind of tools, depending on the need, what is
> > available and so on ).
> >
> > Marketing and communication somehow overlap if we look at the
> > description on http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=marketing and
> > http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=communication,
> > communication and webteam may overlap ( as the web site is
> > communication ), so could webteam and design, or design and
> > communication.
> > And webteam and sysadmin may also overlap too or at least, will require
> > to discuss.
>
> My first reaction was "NOOOO, I want my exclusive MARKETING LIST!!"
> (note caps and 2, yes two, exclamation marks.  So restrained ;)  )
>
> But then my consideration is that you are right.  We (people) tend to package
> things in terms of job descriptions.  This is a hangover from our offline work
> environment.
>
> Marketing, website, education, documentation, graphic design: all are
> communication, so lets put them under a single mail list.  The more I think
> about it the more i like the synergies that would come out of that.

Well, we should better define task and subject of each mailling list.
I was planning about -i18n, as we have a straight usage for this ( ie,
people helping on website translation and so on, and later, translation
of projects ).

But for a communication ml, i think we need a goal/mission/whatever of
the ml, so people can decide where to subscribe, etc.

So if you have a proposal about this, do not hesitate ( a little bit
more formal than the one of the wiki, if possible :) ).

> > In the mean time, yes, a piratepad would be a solution.
>
>  I would prefer collaboration on google docs but pirate pads realtime update
> is a killer feature at this point and so I'll put up with the other
> irritations.

I would prefer pirate pad because this can be hosted on our own
infrastructure later ( which can be important for web single sign on, to
ensure the confidentiality if needed ), and because that's free software
( which is imho a important statement for a group that try to promote
free software ).

--
Michael Scherer