[Mageia-dev] What to do for software having MDV/Mandriva in name

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Mon Jan 17 02:07:10 CET 2011

Hi,

I am supposed to be the maintainers of this software, required by base
of the system:

perl-MDV-Distribconf-4.02-1mdv2010.1.src.rpm
perl-MDV-Packdrakeng-1.13-5mdv2010.1.src.rpm

Should we remove the 'MDV' part ?

Notice changing this is not only about the rpm itself, MDV is part of
the software and changing is not an easy task.
Also the software is provided (at time, and until we do not redo ours)
by Mandriva and has been upload to CPAN under this name.

So I am favor to import it with this name (we didn't rename RPM because
it mean RedHat Package Manager...).

Does everyone agree with that ?

--

Olivier Thauvin