[Mageia-dev] Are we on time?

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Jun 1 01:48:53 CEST 2011

Le mardi 31 mai 2011 à 18:41 +0200, Anne nicolas a écrit :
> Guess what... yes :)

( sorry to contradict you )

Last minute check showed 2 problems :

- the dual iso is too big ( ~56 mo too big, maybe because of samba ), so
it doesn't fit on a regular cd. Pterjan found some fix in bcd to reduce
that problem.

- the dual is not hybrid ( the first sector are empty ), as seen by
hexedit ( so it doesn't boot on usb ). It seems to miss a call to
isohybrid -fatfirst

We removed the dual for now from main mirror, and we will likely have to
remaster it for the first issue. We didn't decide yet if we ship the iso
as is with a newer version later or not ( as the iso work, except for
those 2 issues, and the 2nd one is easy to fix ).

--
Michael Scherer