[Mageia-dev] Old OpenSSL HOWTO [was Re: openssl regression]

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Tue Jun 12 00:15:55 CEST 2012

Hi all,

here is a small HOWTO about using OpenSSL with Mageia Cauldron applications
that broke with the new version of the "openssl" package (1.0.1), such as svn
with https:// URLs:

1. Download openssl-1.0.0j.tar.gz from:

http://www.openssl.org/source/

2. Unpack it.

3. Use the following shell script to configure it (you can customise the
ossl_pref prefix to your liking:

[QUOTE]
#!/bin/bash
ossl_pref="$HOME/apps/openssl"
./config --prefix="$ossl_pref" --openssldir="$ossl_pref/openssl" shared
[/QUOTE]

There is more coverage of this here:

http://www.devside.net/guides/linux/openssl

4. Add the following lines to your .bashrc:

[QUOTE]
oldssl()
{
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$HOME/apps/openssl/lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
}
[/QUOTE]

5. Now when you want to use svn with https:// or whatever just type "oldssl"
first.

I've tried to fix svn in Cauldron, but rebuilding it didn't help, and trying to
rebuild libneon0.27 caused "%check" to fail. This was reported here:

http://lists.manyfish.co.uk/pipermail/neon/2012-June/001473.html

I tried to build libneon0.27 against gnutls, but I got a compilation
error.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish