[Mageia-discuss] Problems with Pulse Audio with the audio going into a loop

Lee Isaacson lee.isaacson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 19:53:08 CET 2013

Hi,

I can not come right and disabling pulse is not the answer as some
applications will not work. As all works correctly if I disable pulse.

I have tried various Linux Distributions, Mageia 2, Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10,
Mint 14, Manjaro 0.8.4 and Open Suse 12.2, so this is not a problem with
Mageia 2.

I can get the 5.1 surround sound working but the sound loops and sounds like
a machine gun and the words just repeat like right or left etc when testing
the speakers.

Then all of a sudden after making the change the sound only comes through
one speaker.

If I change to only use two speakers sound works correctly as it should

I have attached the daemon.conf file to this email.

Using the paman and pavucontrol applications do not help.

My sound card is  a Sound Blaster audigy 2 Value card and I have disabled
the hdmi for my AMD / ATI display card.

I have scoured the web and tried to do all the tricks they mention there but
that does not sort out the issue and the sound plays fine if Pulse is
removed so it is not an Alsa problem.

I have now reinstalled Mageia 2 so I can start fresh so I can follow your
instructions.

Please can someone help me.

Regards,

Lee