[Mageia-webteam] Questions about the forum

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 23 12:26:16 CET 2011

2011/3/23 Maât <maat-ml at vilarem.net>:
> Le 23/03/2011 11:52, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
>> Hmm, so what is the role of the forum admin then in your picture?
>> Actually I do not see any task for him left, except to watch over the
>> moderators :)
>>
> Manage forums structure, coordinate moderators, help them if needed, ensure security, manage groups... and act as a Global Moderator if needed

In my picture:

Users:
 - ask and answer questions,
 - help other users
 - discuss forum matters (either brought up by users or administration)

Moderators:
 - help users along if they have questions with the forum (structure,
rules, etc.)
 - monitor threads for illegal contents, emerging conflicts, etc.
 - talk to users who are breaking rules or misbehave (being offensive, etc.)
 - move misplaced threads/posts
 - edit posts to erase illegal contents (such as links to illegal
sites, howtos for illegal operations, etc.)

Admin:
 - changes structure if needed
 - promotes somebody to be moderator or fires a moderator (after
discussion and consensus with the other moderators, of course)
 - bans users (also after discussion with moderators)
 - reports information/questions/problems to council and back.

Of course when not acting as admin and moderators such people usually
have to behave as normal users and do what users do. :)

--
wobo