You can install these from the Mageia Control Center.
You may subscribe to our updates-announce announce list to be notified of these.
Mageia releases are supported at least for 18 months.
- Mageia 4 will be supported until August 1st, 2015.
- Mageia 3 will be supported until November 26th, 2014.
- Mageia 2 was supported until November 22nd, 2013.
- Mageia 1 was supported until December 1st, 2012.
If you need help, information or directions about the Mageia distribution you installed or about the project, you can try to reach us through:
- Community support forums in English – see other Mageia community forums for support in your language;
- IRC channels where you can discuss live with other Mageia users and contributors: #mageia or other localized channels;
- our Wiki (still rough at the time, we are working on it!);
- our mailing-lists;
- local events: follow our blog and calendar.
Mageia.Org does not provide or endorse commercial/professional support or other services around the distribution. But there are organizations providing such services and more.
Please check the commercial vendors list
Mageia software runs on most x86 computer systems available as of today, April 2011.
You can follow this hardware requirements list:
- Processor: any AMD, Intel or VIA processor;
- Memory (RAM): 512MB minimum, 2GB recommended;
- Storage (HDD): 1GB for a minimal installation, 6GB for a full setup;
- Optical drive: CD or DVD depending on the ISO you use (network, USB key installation available);
- Graphic card: any ATI, Intel, Matrox, nVidia, SiS or VIA graphic card;
- Sound card: any AC97, HDA or Sound Blaster sound card.
For some kinds of hardware (Wi-Fi chipsets, 3D graphic cards) to work properly, specific firmware or software may be needed, this is available in a specific online repository called "nonfree" (learn more).
We may set up a hardware compatibility list/directory as well as a hardware certification process; but that's still at the planning stage. Feel free to join/contact our Web and QA teams if you would like to help in this regard.
You may check and report bugs on our Bugzilla (bugs.mageia.org).