Updates are available for Mageia 7 (security and bug fixes) and published on an ongoing basis.
You can install these from the Mageia Control Center.
You may subscribe to our updates-announce announce list to be notified of these.
Mageia releases are supported at least for 18 months.
- Mageia 7 will be supported until December 30th, 2020.
- Mageia 6 was supported until September 30th, 2019.
- Mageia 5 was supported until December 31st, 2017. More details and advice are available on our wiki page and from our blog.
- Mageia 4 blev supportet indtil 19. september, 2015.
- Mageia 3 blev supportet indtil 26. november, 2014.
- Mageia 2 blev supportet indtil 22. november, 2013.
- Mageia 1 blev supportet indtil 1. december, 2012.
If you need help, information or directions about the Mageia distribution you installed or about the project, you can try to reach us through:
- Community support forums in English – see other Mageia community forums for support in your language;
- IRC channels where you can discuss live with other Mageia users and contributors: #mageia or other localized channels;
- our Wiki (still rough at the time, we are working on it!);
- our mailing-lists;
- local events: follow our blog and calendar.
Mageia.Org does not provide or endorse commercial/professional support or other services around the distribution. But there are organizations providing such services and more.
Please check the commercial vendors list
Each release of Mageia software runs on most i586 and x86_64 computer systems available at the release time.
You can follow this hardware requirements list:
- Processor: enhver AMD-, Intel- eller VIA-processor;
- Hukommelse (RAM): 512 MB minimum, 2 GB anbefalet;
- Storage (HDD or SSD): 5GB for a minimal installation, 20GB for a casual setup; This includes a few GB for user files. If you need more than you should take that in account too. Custom installations on less space are possible but this requires intermediate linux knowledge.
- Bootable USB port or optical drive capable of using media with a storage capacity of at least 4GB used for installation. Smaller media capacity is used for network installation, but a reliable Internet connection is needed. More information at downloads page.
- Graphic card: any AMD/ATI, Intel, Matrox, Nvidia, SiS or VIA graphic card;
- Lydkort: ethvert AC97-, HDA- eller Sound Blaster-lydkort.
For some kinds of hardware (Wi-Fi chipsets, 3D graphic cards) to work properly, specific firmware or software may be needed, this is available in a specific online repository called "nonfree" (learn more).
We may set up a hardware compatibility list/directory as well as a hardware certification process; but that's still at the planning stage. Feel free to join/contact our Web and QA teams if you would like to help in this regard.
You may check and report bugs on our Bugzilla (bugs.mageia.org).